What is HIIT? And why should you try it?
HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. As you could gather from the name – you work at an high intensity for a certain period of time and then rest for a set amount of time.
If you have been following me on social media for a while – you would have noticed that I often use the
50/10 or 40/20 principle for my programs – which is a form of interval training. This workout guide will however follow a diffrent way of interval training.
HIIT has been a training principle used for many years, but recently started getting more attention – as people are looking to get the best results in the shortest period of time!
HIIT is a highly effective method of training. And with the holidays being around the corner – everyone wants to stay active but no one wants to miss out on the outdoor fun by spending hours in the gym.
So this program are for all of you who still want to get those happy hormones flowing without having your active lifestyle interfere with your social summer lifestyle! The workouts will only take 20-30 minutes a day!
So what are the benefits of HIIT Training?
- HIIT can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time,
- HIIT increases your metabolic rate even after your workout is done – which means you continue to burn calories even after your workout!
- HIIT is an excellent training principle to burn body fat.
- HIIT increases muscle mass – as you are performing body conditioning exercises, you build lean muscle all whilst burning body fat.
- HIIT training can improve your VO2max - which is your body’s ability to consume oxygen and process it to provide energy to your body to perform your workout and daily chores.
- Regular HIIT training can also improve your heart rate & blood pressure and lower your blood sugar levels.
In short, HIIT is an extremely effective training method to burn optimal calories in the shortest amount of time.
Sign up today & get summer ready with our latest 5-week challenge!
R400pp • 20x 30 min workouts • No Equipment Needed • All Fitness Levels Welcome
Monday, 11 November 2019
Programs will be sent out between Friday, 8 November and Sunday, 10 November.